Action Figures
by PamFord Davis

I was first introduced to toy action figures over half of a century back.

My younger brother Gary got a G.I. Joe.

In the 1970's, when Star Wars debuted, our son Lee collected the flick's action figures.

Two decades later, I perused Wal-Mart Super Store action figure shelves with grandsons Justin, Matthew, Ashley and Alex.

God smiles down upon His children as we read non-fiction accounts of Biblical action heroes. (Hebrews 11:1-39)

"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them (Hebrews 11:13-16 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print