Made Me Squirm
by PamFord Davis

What makes you squirm?

My adult daughter or son would remember what things made Momma squirm.

Likely they'd say the obvious of snakes, rats and mice. I have a hunch they'd share another with a sly grin.

They frequently came up behind me and placed their hands around my neck. That makes my flesh crawl. The feeling of being choked is well it's beyond description.

Jesus shared a pertinent parable; it contains an analogy about choking out God's word.

"Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: 'Behold, a sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears to hear, let him hear (Matthew 13:3-9 NKJ)!"

Thorns?

Choked?

"Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful (Matthew 13:22 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print