Turn Away
by PamFord Davis

Many children have been frightened by stories about monsters hiding in closets or under their beds. If allowed to watch scary movies, they instinctively turn their head away when frightening images pop up on the screen. The LORD is pleased with spiritual leaders who faithfully 'turn people away' from sin.

"My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave these to him; it called for reverence, and he revered Me and stood in awe of My name. True instruction was in his mouth, and nothing wrong was found on his lips. He walked with Me in peace and fairness and turned many from sin (Malachi 2:5-6 HCS)."

We need church leaders we can trust. God spoke of shepherds who fulfill their calling and rebuked corrupt leaders.

"For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, because he is the messenger of the LORD of Hosts. 'You, on the other hand, have turned from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have violated the covenant of Levi,' says the LORD of Hosts (Malachi 2:7-8 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print