Survival
by PamFord Davis

Have you known any survivalists?

Wait, before you scan your memory banks under survival or camouflage, think again.

We have all known people who survived when they could have thrived. To be honest, I've been in survival mode on several occasions. I worked in stressful jobs and saw no light at the end of the troublesome tunnel. It was not the survival of the fittest; instead, it was the survival of the fit to be tied.

King David experienced stress super-sized. Yet, in a wilderness he was not merely surviving. He was sustained and satisfied. He did not toss and turn upon his bed; he gave thought to his longings and testified.

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches (Psalm 63:1-6 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print