Cry Before the Cross
by PamFord Davis

"Then they came to a place which was named Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, 'Sit here while I pray.' And He took Peter, James, and John with Him, and He began to be troubled and deeply distressed. Then He said to them, 'My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch.'

He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him. And He said, 'Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will. (Mark 14:32-36 NKJ)."

In the few remaining days before Easter, I meditate on selected Scripture passages from the Gospel writers. Today, I focus on the cry before the cross. Jesus cried out to His Father. The empowering and enabling of His Gethsemane prayer came after submission and surrender of His will.

Yes, Jesus knew the depths of exceeding sorrow. Yet, when the Father did not remove the cup, He willingly drank even the dregs.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print