Unrequited Love
by PamFord Davis

Sometimes love hurts; unrequited love left scars.

Jesus loved Judas; yet, Judas made a mockery of that love.

"And while He was still speaking, behold, a multitude; and he who was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them and drew near to Jesus to kiss Him. But Jesus said to him, 'Judas, are you betraying this Son of Man with a kiss (Luke 22: 47-48 NKJ)?"

Indeed, he did betray his Lord and the damage could not be undone.

"Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, 'I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.'

And they said, 'What is that to us? You see to it!'

Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself (Matthew 27:3-5 NKJ)."

Neither unrequited love nor Judas' kiss of betrayal stopped God's redemption plan.

"But what does it say? 'The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart' (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:8-10 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print