Jesus The Atoning Sacrifice
by Tesse Wilson

Jesus died for us, he took our place, he died instead of us. The penalty for our sins was laid upon him. His blood atones for past, present and future sins. Jesus became our substitute. SubstitutionaryAtonement/Sacrifice was foreshadowed in the Law and can be clearly seen in the offerings, it gives the idea of something or someone else paying the price or making atonement for, instead of, on behalf of the ones who committed the offence. Atonement is necessary because scripture says "... for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:9,10 ( King James Bible). "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 (King James Bible)

Sin has a penalty and Jesus paid that penalty. He did for us what we are not able to do for ourselves. Thank you Jesus!

Atonement involves blood. Yahweh said "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul" Leviticus 17:11( King James Bible) The writer to the Hebrews stated in Hebrews 9:22 "As Moses' Teachings tell us, blood was used to cleanse almost everything, because if no blood is shed, no sins can be forgiven" (God's Word Translation).Yahweh allowed; he suffered the use of innocent animals' blood until the fullness of time when he sent Jesus his son born of a woman, who took on flesh, became a human being like us to be the sacrifice for our sins. Jesus shed his blood for us. John the Baptist bore witness and said of Jesus, "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." John 1:29

There is no salvation and reconciliation without the blood of Jesus. Everyone to be used in service for Jesus; speak on his behalf, minister in his name must be cleansed by his blood. Let us affirm like a songwriter - I will stay right under the blood. For nothing else can wash away my sins, nothing else can give me a clean conscience, nothing else gives me boldness to enter the presence of the Most Holy God, but that I am washed in the blood of the Lamb and that blood remains on the mercy seat in heaven. I am redeemed, purchased by the blood of Jesus. Those under the blood are free from judgment. When I see the blood I will pass over you.

Jesus the Lamb of God! Hail!
Forever you will be the Lamb upon the throne
I gladly bow my knees and worship you alone

Blessings!
Tesse Wilson

All good gifts come from the Lord. Tesse is happy to be gifted by the Lord to write. It is her prayer that her writings will bless, encourage and inspire others. Thank God for his Spirit who gives inspiration and his grace which enables her. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print