Smile! Be Happy!
by Kate Warren

When I first met my husband I worried about this and that, pace the floor, and he tried to calm me. He said: "Babe, all your worry is advance interest on things that probably won't happen."

Tell me, what will worry do for you? Will it save your job or keep you up so you are not at the top of your game at work? Will it cause you to lose weight or eat emotionally and put on those extra pounds? Will it help you with your relationships or cause even more problems with those you care of your preoccupation with what might happen? Worry saps your strength, your looks, causes premature aging, makes you grumpy and warps your outlook on life.

Do you see what I mean? SO, to avoid worry what sage words of advice are there?
The best advice in one sentence is to keep your priorities straight. God, Family, Job.

First comes God. Yes, God. You see, He puts things in perspective. His Words are pure wisdom and easily found. The most well-known advice is Proverbs 3:5-6. That tells you what to do, but you have to keep reading to find out how. What did that passage say again?

Trust in theLORDwith all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your pathsstraight.

The only way you can submit to God is to read His Word. It isn't hard, just a little at a time. The advice in there about honesty, money, work, attitude is the same advice these motivational gurus hand out with a worldly spin and get right from people hungry for the magic key to health, wealth, and happiness. It is all right there for you!

The second priority is family. You may wonder why it isn't first. Without the peace of God, without the wisdom He gives you, you will mess up. I guarantee it. Even with in family there is a hierarchy. You must put your spouse first and as a team you put the children first. Your children need to see that unity of Mom and Dad.

As humans we are all selfish, we get tired, worn down, feel unappreciated, don't know how many times we can say the same thing, we get frustrated! Learn to take it all to God. Lay it at His feet and you will often find answers present themselves in short order. They may not be the ones you want, but have the humility to accept them.

The third part of the priorities is your job. Once you have that open communication with God, you have your home in order; once those priorities are taken care of you are free to concentrate on your job and have the distractions of problems on the home front or problems with bills. You can focus all your attention on your work. This leads to further success.

Please don't take this as a promise of no problems. There are always hills or high points in life as well as valleys or challenges. You will still face your fair share. But, if your priorities are right, you will know where to turn in time of joy and in times of sorrow. Give Him praise for all, He will hear your prayers and grant you what you need.

I leave you with Jesus's own words:
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendorwas dressed like one of these.30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe youyou of little faith?31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.33But seek first his kingdomand his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6: 28-34 NIV

Katy Curry      kafrak.com
Kathy is a retired teacher in SW Florida who enjoys writing about politics, faith in Jesus Christ, and other topics as they seem timely.  www.kafrak.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print