"Go, And Do The Same"
by Dinora Garza

Did you notice that when the Pharisee asked Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?" Jesus didn't answer his question? He instead told him how to treat others...

"...But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion, and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him. On the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you.'"

The Samaritan approached the wounded man because God led him to do so. He made the problem of his neighbor his own. He bandaged up his wounds and took him to a safe place. There he took care of him; we don't know for how long. But, having some business to do, he paid the innkeeper, promising he would return. He wasn't planning to forget about the man. He wanted to make sure he would fully recover. The Samaritan invested time and money in a complete stranger, treating him as part of his family, or as his best friend. Isn't this absolutely incredible? ...Well, it shouldn't be!

That's the kind of life we ALL ought to live. Every Christian is called by Christ to do the same for others every day. It seems impossible, but it isn't. Our problem is we think too much about ourselves, and too little about God and others. Let's ask God to give us such a love for others, that His name be glorified and magnified among the nations. That they get to know Jesus not only through our words, but mostly, and in all possible ways through our lives...

Go, and do the same Jesus

"Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others." (Philippians 2: 4)

I am a Christian. My passion is to know the Lord, and help others to understand His character and will. Read one of my blogs at: onetruthonegod.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print