A Marriage Made in Heaven
by PamFord Davis

'It's a marriage made in heaven!'

June is a few short months away. Grooms will finalize the ceremonies with a public kiss to their brides and exit down petal strewn isles. Fathers of brides will fight back tears as mothers dab theirs away with crumpled hankies.

'It's a marriage made in heaven!'

If not spoken aloud, the thought is at least on the minds of many.

We would like to believe that marriages are prearranged in the heavens. Sadly, many blunder and disregard God when searching for the perfect made. Marriages, thought to be made in heaven self-destruct and end up in divorce courts.

In contrast, there truly is a marriage made in heaven.

The church is the bride of Christ, the Lamb of God.

"Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.' And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints (Revelation 19:6b-8 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print