Went Out
by PamFord Davis

The act of people watching occurs nearly everywhere.

True, it is done on a larger scale in malls and airports; yet, we unconsciously watch people wherever we go. I have a confession to make. Recently, I watched people as they exited a fast food restaurant; I could not help but notice their overweight condition. Oblivious to dangers of a high fat diet, they went out satisfied.

Turning to a much more serious note

Those leaving a hospital, after the passing of a loved one went out sorrowful.

Consider the concern of a distraught mother.

"And she went up and laid him on the bed of the man of God, shut the door upon him and went out. Then she called to her husband, and said, 'Please send me one of the young men and one of the donkeys, that I may run to the man of God and come back (2 Kings 4:21-22 NKJ)."

In haste, she sought Prophet Elisha.

"He returned and walked back and forth in the house, and again went up and stretched himself out on him; then the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes. And he called Gehazi and said, 'Call this Shunammite woman.' So he called her. And when she came in to him, he said, 'Pick up your son.' So she went in, fell at his feet, and bowed to the ground; then she picked up her son and went out (2 Kings 4:35-37 NKJ)."

She went out rejoicing.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print