An Easter Epiphany
by PamFord Davis

Epiphany moments are God-sent encounters. In His love for us, He sends sudden realizations person-to-person. Along with the jubilant congregation, I followed the praise & worship leader in the singing of Easter praise choruses and hymns. While reading a line on the overhead screen relating to God's throne, the Lord spoke to my heart through His 'still, small voice.'

Like many, I have viewed throne room scenes in movies. Moses and his brother Aaron made repeated trips inside the Egyptian palace of the Pharaoh Kings are often portrayed as uncaring and cruel to those seeking mercy. Groveling, the petitioners tremble as they fall to their knees before the throne. I saw a far different scene as I sang Easter praises.

I recalled the gospel story of Jesus holding children on His lap. Instantaneously, I visualized Jesus sitting on His throne next to His Father. There, contented children sat in Jesus' lap as a large group of others played on the floor before Him. Joy flooded my heart; oh, how much He loves us!

"Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:14-16 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print