Does Faith in "CHRIST PLUS SOMETHING" Void Salvation? When will Christ profit you nothing? (Gal.5:3-6)
by Eugene Lopatynsky

Is salvation possible by faith in Christ PLUS FAITH in Infant baptism? Christ plus works? Christ plus Mediatrix ? Pilgrimage to Mecca? Kissing the Kaaba meteorite? Catholic Masses? Ultimate Unction? "Absolution" by a priest? Killing of heretics?

By believing you need Christ plus something else for salvation does that constitute insufficient FAITH?

In the Bible God never says that salvation is through "Christ plus something else". SALVATION IS BY FAITH IN CHRIST PLUS NOTHING.

"THERE IS NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN by which you must be saved" (Acts 4:12)means there is nobody else to provide salvation. Period. No "Maria", no saints, no Semirabis; not Budha, not Mahomet, not priests, not any Catholic church, not any other church or cult, not any religion, not nothing.

Christ Jesus said," I AM THE DOOR. Who gets in ANY OTHER WAY is a thief and a robber", this means there is no other way. Faith in infant baptism is another way. Faith in works and the law are another way. Sacraments are another way. Anything and everything other than faith in Christ alone - would be another way. Salvation (Acts 4:12) is only by FAITH in Christ Jesus, faith in who He is, what He has done and what He says.

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber." (John 10:1)

What happens if you have FAITH in Christ plus "another way"? Does it improve your chances? Did not God just say THERE IS NO OTHER WAY? Listen to what God says about salvation by believing in salvation through works (LAW of MOSES):

"3. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
2. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
4. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love."

Galat 5:3-6

'Judeisers' in the first century were trying to introduce the Law of Moses into Christianity.
Circumcision was only the beginning, the "badge" of "something else", in this case, of the Law of Moses plus Christ was it good for salvation? God says that "you will fall from grace", that "Christ will profit you nothing". You think God is joking?

If you BELIEVE that you need more than Christ Jesus, that you need Christ plus something, it signifies that you have insufficient faith in Christ Jesus. Right? Did God tell you what happens with insufficient faith? Read the parable of the ten virgins, five of which had insufficient oil- or insufficient faith. Faith, like oil, brings light into our world.

Why faith? Because only faith in Christ saves. Nothing else. (Acts 4:12, John 3:16)

ABSENCE of redeeming FAITH may be by trusting somebody else, like Mary, for salvation.

INSUFFICIENT FAITH may be by believing that just trusting Jesus isn't enough, that you need Jesus PLUS something else again, like Jesus plus Mary, for salvation. Believing, that you need something more than Christ, may be equivalent to insufficient faith in Christ Jesus, it means that you believe that Christ by Himself may not be sufficient for salvation, that by Himself He cannot save you, or might not save you. That is insufficient faith.

WORKS are only the evidence of FAITH, evidence of God's presence in your life. Faith alone saves, but that Faith is never alone. It always has works.

Take a look at, FAITH: Insufficient Faith vs. Lack of Faith? Parable of 10 Virgins vs. Galat. 5: 2-6, when "Christ shall profit you nothing", my article in www.christianarticles.net


To get a list of my articles write my full name (Eugene Lopatynsky) into GOOGLE, then click on faithwriters.

Or use EDGE for your search engine.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print