TDY
by PamFord Davis

On TDY

Temporary Duty assignments are common for those serving in branches of the USA military. It means time away from home base, family, and friends.

Foreign missionaries serve for varied amounts of time. Some volunteer missionaries set aside vacation time for mission trip opportunities; others may make it their life's calling and return to homelands only on furlough. They serve not out of duty; but with lifelong devotion.

"In the church that was at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius the Cyrenian, Manaen, a close friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, 'Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work I have called them to.' Then after they had fasted, prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them off. Being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they came down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus (Acts 13:1-4 HCS)."

Saul (Apostle Paul) and Barnabas were set apart by God, for God's special mission of evangelism. Today, that work is ongoing and far-reaching around the globe. Many are called to go; in appreciation, they give thanks for the multitudes who offer prayer and financial support.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print