Nothing Short of a Miracle
by Jennifer Mobbs

I was watching one of those heart-wrenching videos on the Internet. The remnants of what once was a German Shepard dog had been starved to the point she was only a skeleton covered with patches of dirty, dingy fur. This poor dog couldn't even stand up without help. As I watched this short video, cringing at her horrible state, I was thankful that a rescue group had taken her in and instead of putting her to sleep they decide to try and save her. I knew that most shelters after taking one look at her, would in their words humanely euthanize her, and based on her condition, I really could not argue with that decision. But, this group of people that rescued this pitiful dog saw something that made them look past the tattered fur and bones sticking out. So, they carefully fed her small portions of food and water and gave her medicine and most of all they gave her affection, attention and love. Within a few months the transformation was nothing short of a miracle. The German Shepard was normal weight and size and her coat was shinny and soft and her eyes were full of life as she chased after a ball and ran around like a puppy. It bought tears my eyes, thinking, what a wonderful thing these people did for one of God's creatures. She was essentially brought back from death and her transformation was complete. Now, all that was left was to find her a loving, caring home.

I thought of myself, which is something I probably do too much, as I was watching the video of the starving dog. Lately, I had been feeling like dead man's bones, dry, brittle and broken. Battles with my health lead to battles with my emotions and frankly, battles with some of the same old sins I never seem to conquer. These battles had simply taken the life from me. I felt some how connected with the picture of the starving dog unable to walk without help. I have been shuffling around on past hurts and disappoints, drawing conclusions that I had no right to draw. God was not done with me yet; in fact I have a long way to go. It is hard to admit that I had not been feeding myself the Word of God. Second Timothy tells me the Word of God is profitable for teaching, for reproof for correction and for instruction in what is righteous; without that Word in such a short time; I became a starving dog. The devil is more than happy to tear away at our flesh, at our emotions and break us down, so we will be of no use to anyone. That is why I am so grateful, like that beautiful transformed German Shepard that God is here to restore me and renew me so I can walk on bearing His Name and His Word in each and everything I do. He transforms me everyday into His Glory. The beauty of the German Shepard on the outside came from what her rescuers were able to achieve inside her body, making her a strong, happy, beautiful dog. These dry bones of mine soaked in the Word of God, can became strong and beautiful again.

It does not matter how we look when we understand our need for God, but how we can look when we accept the transformation that God has ready for us, because His Love is never ending, and in His Love each one of us can find the transformation that makes us whole each and every day.

I have been writing all my life, I just didn't realize it until I was my late 40's.  I hope my experiences can help others who have gone through similar trials.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print