Use It Now For Great Benefits.
by Olawale Ogunsola

Have you heard that "A ship is safe in the Harbour but that was not why it was built."? This is a wise statement indeed. Action gets things done. Use brings good results. That is why an engine not put into use rotten on the same spot.

What are you to use?

You have naturally been
endowed with a talent or more to become all that you have been destined to become. This talent or gift of the Holy Spirit needs to be put into use so that it will have positive influence on the owner and the society at large.
Do you know that your talent/gift can elevate you? Proverbs 18:16 discloses
"A man's gift makes room for him,.
And brings him before great men."
Let us see the potential goods in the use of a gift or talent using Joseph's life as an example.

What was his gift?

Early in his life, as a teenager, he displayed this gift of dreaming dreams within his family. He dreamed two times and made them known to all members of his household. This is contained in the first book of Moses, Genesis 37:1-11.
Within the family, he was given the nickname "the dreamer" (Gen 37:19).
Let me sound a note of warning here: you must take care of your hitching qualities. What do I mean? Every wrongdoing you are proud of must be eliminated first so that you will reap great benefits attached to your gifts.
Do you know Joseph had his own wrongdoing which he demonstrated within his territory? Genesis 37:2 (in part) reveals,
"Joseph brought a bad report of them (his brothers)
to his father".
Who knows whether or not that was the reason he went through various traumas to wean him from a sin "that easily befall him". Therefore, as a man with a gift, eliminate every fault that can identify you among people or which people complain about you. Let your territory be free of any satanic debris.
If you are free from the works of flesh and satanic influences, then put your gift(s) into optimum use.

What are the benefits of using your gift(s) or talent(s)? These include :
1. Addition to your gift/talents. You may opt to call this "expansion of gifts". For instance, Joseph was "a Dreamer of Dreams", but on addition to this, he became an "Interpreter of Dreams". It was at this point that he was able to interprete dreams of two inmates in the land of Egypt. Read the full details in Genesis 40:7-15. He also did same to the King of Egypt. Genesis 41:14-16,24-32.

2. A second addition to his gift was "Administration". He became a seasoned administrator. With this gift, he administered the household of Portipha, Gen 39:2-6, the prison, Genesis 39:21-23 and the land of Egypt in plenty and in draught. Gen 41.

3. Elevation is another great benefits of the use of gifts. Proverbs 18:16 discloses,
"A man's gift makes room for him,
And brings him before great men."
This became evident in the life of Joseph. How? A great man of his time, King Pharaoh, the King over the land of Egypt dreamed a dream and he did not know its interpretation. He was troubled in the spirit when no one could interprete it. It was at this juncture that announcer of Joseph's glory came in to do his work:
"I remember my fault this day.
Now there was a young Hebrew man with us there, a servant
Of the captain of the guard. Just as he interpreted for us, so it happened".
Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him quickly out of the dungeon, and he shaved, changed his clothing, and came to Pharaoh. Gen 41:9-end contains the full details. Without the gifts, there could be no coming before great man like Pharaoh.
Do you have reasons to use your gifts? If you want to "amount to" anything in life, use your gifts very well. If it helped Joseph Jacob, it will surely help you.
Go ahead, with effect from today, to use your gifts! It will bring favor to you.
Stay blessed and rapurable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note.
Every Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print