What If?
by PamFord Davis

Andrew fell in step with the Master.

"Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of the two who heard John and followed Him (John 1:40 HCS)."

Andrew listened intently to John's proclamation. He believed what he heard.

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Here is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29 HCS)!"

Andrew was a man of action.

Reading between the lines, I visualize him scurrying atop dusty pathways and through a crowded marketplace. Compelled by love, he sought out his brother Simon. Time was of the essence.

Was Simon Peter easily persuaded or hard to convince? John did not reveal those details in the passage

"He first found his own brother Simon and told him, 'We have found the Messiah!' (which means "Anointed One"), and he brought Simon to Jesus. When Jesus saw him, He said, 'You are Simon, son of John. You will be called Cephas' (which means "Rock") (John 1:41-42 HCS)."

What if

What if Andrew did not share good news of the arrival of the long awaited Messiah?

What if Simon Peter scoffed Andrews's claims?

I cast aside the unknown and grasp the later confession of Simon Peter.

"But you, 'He asked them, 'who do you, say that I am?' Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God (Matthew 16:15-16 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print