Covering Or Confession Are Options Before You.
by Olawale Ogunsola

A sin or any wrongdoing has its own unique torment. When the first man, Adam and his wife, Eve, disobeyed the Lord, they ran away from Him in fear.
At the time of writing this piece, I remembered a story narrated by my boss, many years ago.

What was it?

A man who was interested in committing sexual sin with a woman who refused him finally had an unusual "opportunity" one day. How? The woman died during a brief illness and the man who troubled her for sexual sin was one of those who took care of her during the period. At a point in time, this man was left alone with the corpse of the lady and he concluded within himself,
"It does not matter whether alive or dead, I must have her carnal knowledge."
He went in to her. During the action, a man came in. The wrong doer pleaded with the man to cover him. The man agreed to cover the misdeed.

The evil doer thought he was free whereas he was not. The main who caught him in the act started to exploit him. At any given opportunity, he took whatever he wanted from his victim. He silenced him anywhere with "Don't forget the matter of that day.' No one, except the two, men understood the statement. The wrong doer had no gut to oppose him either privately or publicly. He was always uncomfortable anytime and anywhere they met.

One day, there was a public meeting involving the two. Each was in different camps of opinions and they happened to be the spokespersons of their different groups . The man knew what to do to defeat the wrong doer's group. He signalled to him that he should be careful so that the secret be not revealed. The sinner did not consider his warning signal. He continued his leading role. When the man who knew the secret sin saw that he ignored him, he turned it into words, "Don't forget the matter of that day.", his reply astonished his tormentor. What was it? He said, "What is the matter of that day? There is nothing new under heaven. People are flirting. Yes! I have even committed adultery with a dead woman. Is that not worse? That was then and not now. I cannot do it again! Is that clear?

Since that day, his tormentor could no longer afflict him in words or in action. He did not possess any right to tell anyone that he caught him making love with a corpse. He then became a free man from that day.

The Scriptures make it abundantly clear in the book of Proverbs 28:13a
"He who covers his sins will not prosper."
This translates that to cover misdeeds is to obstruct the way to prosperity of all kinds
What a great loss indeed!

Let us briefly discuss three ways by which people cover their sins:
1. False Holiness. Proverbs 30:12 declares this group thus
" There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes,
Yet is not washed from its filthiness." This group of people claim some forms of Holiness when they are full of certain evil works. They overstretch their strong characters but cover the weak ones.

2. Concentrating on the sins of others. Certain group of people love to cover their wrong deeds by dwelling extensively and overflogging the sins of others. This was the matter with Scribes and Parisees especially who were religious leaders of Jesus days.

They arrested a woman who was caught in the act of adultery and brought her to Jesus for His own version of judgment because Moses commanded such fellow be stoned to death. The Light of the world, Jesus Christ, turned the search light to themselves by saying,
"He who is without sin among you let him throw a stone at her first." John 8:7
No one had the effontery to throw a stone at her because Jesus reminded them of their own sins.

3. Adding sin to sin. There are certain people who will go further to commit more sins in their attempt to cover a sin. Sometimes they commit greater sin(s) than the previous one. An example of a man like this was King David, a man after the heart of God. He reigned after King Saul. He committed adultery with Bathsheba, Uriah's wife. To cover this evil act, he went ahead to kill the husband with the sword of enemies of God's people. Details are available in the Holy Bible in 2 Samuel chapter eleven.

Dear reader, their is a better option for you than Covering your sin. What can this be? It is CONFESSION!
The Holy Scriptures make it clear,
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and be truth is not in us.
If we CONFESS (capitals added) our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all Unrighteousness." 1John 1:8-9.
"But whoever CONFESSES and forsakes them will have mercy. Proverbs 28:12b

If you confess and forsakes your evil ways, mercy and freedom will will be yours.
The man in the early story regained his freedom after he confessed his wrong action.
Do you want to prosper? Do you want to receive mercy? CONFESS and FORSAKE all your wrong doings. Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note
All Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print