True Prophecies Come To Pass
by Olawale Ogunsola

"When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord,
if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is
the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet
has spoken it presumptuously, you shall not be afraid of him.' Deutenoromy 18:22.

Every true prophecy is the word which the Lord speaks rhroigh His channels, men of God. A common feature of such prophecies is the word coming to pass. If it fails to be fulfilled, it is termed a false prophecy; and a prophet with such a failed prophecy becomes a false one.

Another common feature that a true prophecy has is that it may speak of an event that never happened or appears difficult or impossible to accomplish by human reasonings or standard.

True prophecies come to.pass!

Let us examine briefly some prophecies that have come to pass.
One, a man of God in his generation whose name was Noa, was "a just man, perfect in his generation." (Genesis 6:9). To him was it revealed that something was about to hsppen, which has never happened before.The Lord spoke through him that floodwaters was about to happen. People of his time could not comptehend what "floodwaters" could mean and what could bring it to pass.

The reason was that they have never known what "rain" was. How then did trees, vegetables and other plants survive? The Scriptures reveals,
"For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth,...
but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground." Genesis 2:5-6.

Because of their knowledge of "no rain", people of Noa's generation could not in any way believe his "reports" or prophecies of an impending floodwaters.
Finally, rain fell and "the flood was on the earth forty days." Genesis 8:17. Those who did not believe Noah's prophecy perished in the floodwaters!


Two. Lot was a just man living among wicked people in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah. This was a land occupied ny same-sex sexual practioners, homosexuals. Lot was living a separated life among them. As a man who received mercy and grace from the Lord; he had the unique opportunity to know about an impending destruction which was to befall the land.He also had the priviledge of saving those he knew and.were ready to be saved. He revealed the heart of the Living God but no one believed his prophecy because "he seemed to be joking." Genesis 19:14.

At the end, who was wrong? The truth was,
"Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah,
from the Lord out of heaven." Genesis 19:24.
Those who did not believe Lot's "prophecy of doom" were doomed forever.

Three. A great man of God whose name was Isaiah spoke according to the mind of God when He prophesised what turned him into a "laughable" prophet. He said,
"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14.

This was unbelieavable because everyone knows the procedure for bringing a son into the world. But it cost God nothing to do rhe impossible.
At the time when this prophecy was to be fulfilled, the chosen vesel of uncommon honnor, virgin Mary's response to her becoming the mother of the Son of Gid was,
"How can this be, since I do not know a man?" Luke 1:34.
Finally, the Son of God was born by virgin Mary.

This beloved Son of God lived on the face of the earth for thirty-three years, bringing to pass all that have been written about Him.

Now, before He departed this sinful world, He left all His disciples a groal that must be their focus:
"Let not your heart be troubled;
Beleive in God, believe also in Me...
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you to Myself;
that where I am, there you may be also."John 14:1,3.

This prophecy from the Lord, to many people,is unbelievable. It is for an appointed time to happen. This pending event commonly called "the rapture" has been given different wrong interpretations but the truth remains,
"And behold, I am coming quickly,
And My reward is with Me, to give to
everyone according to his work." Revelation 22:12

Beloved reader, what concerns you is where you place your faith in respect of this prophecy. You are taking a very serious risk if you do not believe He is coming. It will be sudden! Therefore, believe He is coming to lead His followers to where He is, and do good always as you live to please Him. Those who will be left behind will no doubt witness sorrow. May you not be one of them in Jesus Name.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note
Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.


The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print