A Fact of Faith
by PamFord Davis

Loves involves sharing.

At marriage, two become one. That's not modern math. It is a fact of faith.

"And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh (Genesis 2:22-24 KJV)."

What's his is hers and vice versa.

Legally, there is a term to match. I refer to community property. I protest; my husband Norm has carried this way too far.

His cold is my cold. I suffer with shared symptoms of the common cold. Grr!

Friends, Andy & Laurie, work together in a local husband-wife law firm. I'll ask Andy if I can file an appeal foregoing distribution of shared property.

Overruled?

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband (Ephesians 5:31-33 KJV)."

I decline a change of venue. Through submission to the Savior, I receive a change of heart.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print