Appetizer
by PamFord Davis

I have seldom indulged in four course dinners. I'm more of a buffet baby boomer, preferring to fill my plate and return later for desert.

I'm not sure I really need appetizers because I have a hearty appetite. In past experiences, I sometimes ate a large tossed salad, soda crackers and a bowl of soup. Instead of stimulating my appetite; it satisfied it. The entre no longer interested me.

God gives me glimpses of His glory. The experiences are not the main course; instead, each is a temporal blessing to wet my appetite for eternity.

"Now therefore, our God,
We thank You
And praise Your glorious name.
But who am I, and who are my people,
That we should be able to offer so willingly as this?
For all things come from You,
And of Your own we have given You.
For we are aliens and pilgrims before You,
As were all our fathers;
Our days on earth are as a shadow,
And without hope (1 Chronicles 29:13-15 NKJ)."

During his lifetime, Abraham was blessed by God. In faith, he waited for a far better home.

"By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God (Hebrews 11:9-10 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print