Down on the Farm
by PamFord Davis

My husband and I are both 'Green Acres' fans. It was corny yet creative, showing us the vast differences between life in a big city and down on a farm. We not only find the reruns entertaining; we identify with them.

In our careers, we have lived in both cities and rural areas. Though we never listed a New York City penthouse as our address, we did live in Chicago. Our current home is 3 miles from the closest main road and far from any busy city.

No, we can't hear Oliver Wendell Douglas' corn grow but we can watch progress in the gourd patch!

Speaking of hearing corn grow

I don't think that's possible; yet, there is tranquility here in the country. Walking across the road to my mailbox, I often notice how quiet it is. I like that; it was never quiet in Chicago. I remember how difficult it was to have quiet times with God while living in the absence of silence.

Maybe we cannot tune out noise and distractions but we can worship the LORD.

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah (Psalm 46:10-11 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print