Pity Me
by PamFord Davis

It happens. We have the dreaded bad hair days.

What to do?

I now wear wigs; but even wigs can be contrary. When seeking a quick cover up, I grab a bandana. There are large selections of attractive caps & hats available in discount and department stores.

I have a hunch designers have had their own bad hair days.

It was my worst ever hair day; a day of woe is me

I frequently had home permanents. Mom began the process with Tonettes' when I was just a toddler. I had no reason to doubt her continued success.

After the completion of the perm, I set my hair on rollers for the night. The next morning I began my usual routine before leaving for high school. I ate my breakfast, dressed and began to style my hair. Horrified, I could hardly get a brush or comb through the wired tangles!

Mom surmised that she had inadvertently switched the perm & neutralizer solutions. My hair was fried.

How could I face my friends?

I stood before the bathroom mirror crying and trying to do something, anything with my hair.

My Dad became involved.

He walked up behind me and began brushing my hair. He really understood. My hair still looked terrible but my father cared. Isn't that what every daughter needs most?

"As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him (Psalm 103:13 NKJ)."

Bad hair was not the end of the world. I adapted. Mom cut my hair and I had a cute style for the summer.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print