Poor Gilligan
by PamFord Davis

Poor Gilligan; he can't get anything right.

Ironic, isn't it? They named an island after him.

What thoughts lead to nights of insomnia in his swinging hammock?

I'm incompetent. I'm inadequate. I'm a castaway

The Skipper is his mentor. I'm hoping he sees through Gilligan's carefree faade.

Did a Bible make it ashore?

Apostle Paul had survived a shipwreck. He would understand the plight of poor Gilligan.

"I don't say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being contentwhether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me (Philippians 4:11-13 HCS)."

Yes Gilligan, God can help you.

"It is not that we are competent in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our competence is from God (2 Corinthians 3:5 HCS)."

Hey, little buddy! Don't give up; your friends need you

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print