Open Your Curtains
by PamFord Davis

We close our curtains when it gets dark; we open them the next morning.

I made that astute observation while growing up.

Mom liked to make frequent interior decorating changes in our Mycenae, New York home. She always bought colorful caf curtains for our kitchen. Strange, that such a routine habit of opening our curtains caught my attention; though she closed them nightly, I don't have a clear picture of that in my mind. I recall the opening.

The opening was mechanical. In earlier articles, I've mentioned the other parts of her early morning routine. She plugged in the electric coffee pot and turned on our Admiral table-top radio to 1260 WNDR, Syracuse NY. Thus began the Ford family day.

In the beginning, God created the earth. He stretches out the heavens

"Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
He brings the princes to nothing;
He makes the judges of the earth useless (Isaiah 40:21-23 NKJ)."

Praise the Creator as you open your curtains!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print