Authority
by PamFord Davis

'You can't get blood out of a stone.' Would you believe soup?

There have been a variety of children's books that used the stone soup folk tale, the earliest dated 1904.

When watching TV with my children many years ago, I enjoyed a later version [a Caldecott Honor book] shared by Captain Kangaroo. *literary & television info: Wikipedia

Satan suggested stone bread

"Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, 'If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.'

But He answered and said, 'It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (Matthew 4:1-4 NKJV)."

Jesus defeated the devil; he used Scripture as a weapon against the tempter.

Christ Jesus is the final authority on bread.

"And Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst (John 6:35 NKJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print