The Importance of Being Thankful
by stephanie reck

If you are like me, being thankful and appreciative doesn't always come naturally. I have learned I have to choose to be thankful. Every day, I get out my journal and write out five things that I am thankful for. Writing down my blessing serves as a visual reminder to me that I have more in my life than I think I do. I need this reminder daily! I can always find things to complain and grumble about, believe me I have my fair share of problems and heartaches, but I choose to reflect on what I do have.

When we have an attitude of gratitude, our lives will be transformed.

You might think you do not have a lot to be thankful for, but look around you-there are others who go through far worse circumstances. I'm I belittling your pain? Not at all! I have to tell myself the same things because I have seen so much heartache and loss in my own life. Being thankful is a conscience decision that will change your life for the better.

You can be bitter about your life's difficulties or you can be better because of them. You get to choose!

If we choose to look at our lack in life or what we don't have, we can become cynical, hard-hearted, thankless, unappreciative, bitter and even depressed. Being thankful has health benefits, such as fewer aches and pains and overall feeling healthy. Thankful people take better care of themselves by exercising more and eating healthier. Thankfulness also reduces toxic emotions like bitterness, envy and frustration, and decrease depression. Thankfulness also reduces stress, improves self-esteem, and helps overcome trauma. Being thankful can boost your immune system and improve your heart rhythms.

Be aware of what you are thankful for and choose to reflect and ponder daily on all the positives in your life.

Stephanie R. Reck, LMSW, LBT, BCCC
Stephanie Reck, Coaching & Consultation Services
www.stephaniereck.com
[email protected]
Stephanie Reck Coaching & Consultation Services, @2024
Author of, "Disciplining Your Mind 30 Days to a Better You!"

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print