Time of Toil
by PamFord Davis

Banker's hours are envied by many forced to work the graveyard shift. People working a swing shift might find it difficult to adapt.

Our inner clock runs smoothly when in a steady routine of working, eating and sleeping.

9-5 is drudgery for the independent adventure seeker. Yet, if unemployed and seeking full time hours to provide for your family, 9-5 hours are a dream come true. Schedules are not available in one size fits all.

In his suffering, Job considered man's time of toil.

"Is there not a time of hard service for man on earth? Are not his days also like the days of a hired man? Like a servant who earnestly desires the shade, And like a hired man who eagerly looks for his wages, So I have been allotted months of futility, And wearisome nights have been appointed to me (Job 7:1-3 NKJV)."

Like Job, I can allow my problems to cloud my vision.

I want to see God in every work.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV)."

Am I walking at a steady pace?

"LORD, I do at times grow weary. Open my eyes to see You in any work. "

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print