Worthy of a Bouquet
by Karen White

"But now indeed there are many members, yet one body." 1 Corinthians 20 NIV

When I gaze at the blooms of a hydrangea bush I am transported back to my childhood. To me the blooms that are made up of numerous smaller flowers remind me of a bridal bouquet. As a young girl I would pick the plumpest and prettiest bloom then pretend I was a bride and the hydrangea was my bridal bouquet.

Recently, I have come to realize hydrangeas can teach spiritual lessons as well. As Christians we are but one person, each of whom have been given a spiritual gift. Everyone's gifts is different, however, all are necessary in order to further the Kingdom.

The world would say that the Pastor and other members of a church's staff are the key essentials to a church. I am not denying that they are vital, but rather, I am saying that the little old lady who sits on the second pew and prays daily for the pastor, staff, those who are sick and those lost is just as important. Because according to God's word each is a member, like the tiny flower in a hydrangea bloom, but together we are one body and are expected to perform as such. For it is when each member uses his or her gift according to His purpose that a beautiful bloom is formed, one worthy of a bridal bouquet.

Dear Lord, thank You for the beautiful blooms You allow to grow for our pleasure, but Father I thank You even more for allowing me to be a member of Your kingdom. I pray that I always bloom for You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Karen is a Christian wife, mother, and grandmother.  She is a retired teacher who now spends her time reading and writing.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print