Freshly Painted
by Karen White

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

As the painter rolled fresh paint onto the wall, I realized that Jesus had done the same for us. Our lives were once like the wall, dingy and cracked with sin. But just as the painter wiped the walls then used a roller to apply new paint, Jesus wiped away our sins transforming us from a sinful man to one who has hope in Christ.
Jesus was sent to Earth by the Father to provide salvation to mankind. However, unlike the wall that has no choice in accepting the paint, we have been given a choice. We may continue to live a dingy sinful life, or we can admit we are sinners, repent, believe and confess that Jesus is God's son, and live our life for Him.

As I look at the freshly painted wall, I am awed at how much fresher and brighter the room is now that the painter has finished. Feelings of regret that I had not taken before and after pictures of the room enter my mind followed by other thoughts. If, I were to see pictures of my life before and after accepting Christ would there be a significant difference? Jesus cleansed me of sin, and I have inherited eternal life but do my thoughts, words, and actions reflect my salvation? Is God as awed by my transformation as I am by the newly painted walls?

Dear Father, thank You for loving me so much that You sent Your Son, Jesus, who took on my sins allowing me the opportunity to live with You for eternity. In Jesus's name, Amen.

Karen is a Christian wife, mother, and grandmother.  She is a retired teacher who now spends her time reading and writing.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print