Overlook
by PamFord Davis

For about 10 years, my husband Norm sat behind the steering wheel of 18 Wheelers.

When riding as a passenger, I helped him with directions from his dispatchers. As a perk, I enjoyed America's landscapes from coast-to-coast. The Creator has truly blessed us. How often have you taken breaks to stretch your legs and take in the sites at 'scenic overlooks?'

We were not afforded many opportunities to stop along the way. Big rigs need big parking spaces.

Though many outlooks are spectacular, and we should make use of opportunities for rest and site-seeing; there is a far greater overlook.

I can be kind and overlook the failings of others.

"A person's insight gives him patience,
and his virtue is to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11 HCSB)."

How many times should I overlook their offenses?

"Then Peter came to Him and said, 'Lord, how many times could my brother sin against me and I forgive him? As many as seven times?' 'I tell you, not as many as seven,' Jesus said to him, 'but 70 times seven (Matthew 18:21-22 HCSB)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print