GOD-TRACKING IS LETTING GO OF OFFENCE BEFORE COMING TO WORSHIP GOD
by Dudley Anderson

trACker 597
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
Published through www.godtracker.co.uk

26 August 2016
_______________________________________________________________________________
BOOK OFFER!
God-tracking Through the Year - year two
By Dudley Anderson

The second in the series of 52 weekly readings to help keep you on track with the plans of God.

NOW AVAILABLE VIA http://godtracker.co.uk/book.html
Also on AMAZON and BARNES & NOBLE
_______________________________________________________________________________

Dear God-tracker

GOD-TRACKING IS LETTING GO OF OFFENCE BEFORE COMING TO WORSHIP GOD

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you

Jesus said, "If you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift." Naturally, in Bible times, people would bring a literal offering to the temple as a burnt offering before God on the altar. It's in this context that Jesus said these words. This type of offering was an act of worship. Often, offerings were made as sin offerings. In other words, the person bringing the offering was seeking God's forgiveness for sins committed. It's clear that Jesus was implying that before we can expect to receive forgiveness from God we need to be prepared to offer forgiveness to those who have offended us. This thought is reflected in the prayer Jesus taught is to pray: "Forgive us our trespassers as we forgive those who have trespassed against us."

Unforgiveness results from hurts or offences other people cause in our lives, knowingly or otherwise. Unforgiveness is the greatest inhibitor in any person's life. Unforgiveness will cause a someone to stagnate in their walk with God and their growth in character. Unforgiveness will drag a person out of God's blessing and into despair, depression and desolation. The one thing that hinders God's forgiveness of us is our unforgiveness of others. For a Christian, forgiveness is not optional, it is mandatory.

We no longer offer animal sacrifices on an altar before God. Jesus was the great final sin offering, whose holy blood spilled on the altar of the cross brought forgives of sin, once and for all. However, when I accepted this sacrifice of Christ as atonement for my sin, I laid my own life down; I have been crucified with Christ and now live by faith in his sacrifice for my sins. My whole life is laid bare on the altar of God, as it were. Therefore, every time I come to worship God or come to the communion table, I need to be sure I come in forgiveness and grace.

Today, if you hold a grievance against someone or if you're harbouring unforgiveness, first go to that person and make right with them before bringing your sacrifice of praise before God. And if you have offended someone else, knowingly or otherwise, then be sure to ask their forgiveness before coming to the Lord's table or offering him your worship. Remember too, forgiveness and apology need to be unqualified. So it's simply, "I forgive you." Or, "I'm sorry." Add no buts or ands to it. I have found forgiveness is the most liberating and empowering act in life; an act of worship in response of the grace of God.

God-tracking is letting go of offence before coming to worship God.

Blessings

Dudley

READ ALL ABOUT IT!
Matthew 5:21-26
Matthew 6:7-14
Galatians 2:20


Don't Give Up, Look Up!

TODAY I PRAY, FATHER FORGIVE MY TRESPASSES AND I FORGIVE THOSE WHO HAVE TRESPASSED AGAINST ME

Pray
"Oh Father in heaven, I realise that I have been harbouring offence in my life. I apologise for my unforgiveness! Before you, I now choose to confess forgiveness of those who have offended me. If I have offended others, dear Lord, then I ask your forgiveness and ask that you help me to make an unqualified apology to them. Today I pray, Father forgive my trespasses and I forgive those who have trespassed against me. Amen."

If you want prayer, please email me at [email protected]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
trACker IS A NO COST SERVICE OF godtracker.co.uk

PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING TOWARDS EXPENSES IN BRINGING THIS SERVICE TO YOU, BY VISITING http://godtracker.co.uk/ AND CLICKING DONATE
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, On Track. Although On Track went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

Listen to GodTracker for Radio at http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen

Recommend trACker to a friend.
Point them to www.godtracker.co.uk or to click on http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe

Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print