R and R
by PamFord Davis

Is R & R in your sites?

Most of us could use a respite.

I do not refer to rest and relaxation.

I'm wondering if you and I are ready and receptive

Are we ready to receive a word from the LORD?

Are we receptive to His messages?

Cornelius was a God fearer but he had not become a Christ follower yet. He and his friends were ready and receptive.

"Cornelius replied, 'Four days ago at this hour, at three in the afternoon,I was praying in my house. Just then a man in a dazzling robe stood before me and said, 'Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your acts of charity have been remembered in God's sight. Therefore send someone to Joppa and invite Simon here, who is also named Peter. He is lodging in Simon the tanner's house by the sea.' Therefore I immediately sent for you, and you did the right thing in coming. So we are all present before God, to hear everything you have been commanded by the Lord (Acts 10:30-33 HCSB)."

Cornelius serves as a good example. I have the privilege to hear God's word; I am compelled to be ready and receptive.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print