I Settled for White
by PamFord Davis

When looking at cars, a little over a year ago, my first choice was red. I settled for white. Maybe I should have held out longer. It is nearly impossible to keep clean. I have issues, serious issues. While living out in the country has advantages, it also has drawbacks.

I enumerate. The road maintenance crews frequently fill potholes with gravel and pour black tar on top. Needless to say, it gets all over my car. I'm grateful for cleaning products but it still takes extra time and elbow grease to remove gobs and streaks of tar.

If you are considering white for your next car, beware of bugs! Like tar, the dead insects are unsightly and difficult to remove. The next vandals are winged creatures. On bombing raids, birds target my car. They have a great aim.

I'm not quite finished complaining

We are blessed to have several pecan trees on the property. Yet, they too cause difficulties. Leaves and sap fall on top of the white vehicle. Really gross!

A carport or garage is on my wish list, though that would not solve the tar trouble.

What about my life? How does the LORD keep me clean?

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool (Isaiah 1:18 KJV)."

I have a part in his process.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print