A Call To Be Different
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you know that God has called you to be different? You are to be different from the world and from those who claim to be Christians but live in the flesh. God is coming for a spotless church and He loves you to be there. This post emphasizes God's demand on you to be different for Jesus.

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you." - 2 Corinthians 6:14-17 (NKJV, emphasis mine).

The world is becoming churchy while the church is becoming worldly. Nevertheless, the Lord knows them that are His. Anyone who is named of God should depart from iniquity (2 Timothy 2:19). The day you surrendered your life to Christ, you made Him Lord over your life, and He is saying, "Don't be like others, be different; be like Me". You are answerable to God; you should not be concerned about how people see you, rather be concerned about how God sees you.

As a true child of God, you have nothing in common with unbelievers; you are apart as far as light is to darkness. By salvation you have become different, therefore come out from among them and be separate. God has put a seed of greatness in you, so be great.

Jesus Christ has called you the light of the world. How will you manifest the light if there is a shade of darkness in you? He said that you are the salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14), but how will you preserve your savour if you are unequally yoked with unbeliever?

God says in Leviticus 11:44 that you should be holy, even as He is holy; put in another way, God says be different for I am different. Be holy in your conduct and manner of living (1 Peter 1:15). God is different in the way He thinks, talks and acts: the way He loves unconditionally, forgives and shows mercy, stands by the truth and is a respecter of no persons. Go and do likewise (Luke 10:37).

You are Christ's ambassador, personal representative of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20), that you should show forth His virtues and perfections (1 Peter 2:9, AMP). The whole creation is waiting for you to manifest your sonship (Romans 8:19). They will only recognize you when you are different from them.

In conclusion, God is looking for who will be the gold in the midst of silver, in spite of the prevailing circumstance, and who will show the world what He looks like. He is calling His children to rise to His expectations of them, and He is looking to see if you will be among those who will heed to His call. It is up to you. His grace is sufficient for you.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print