When I Grow Up
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember your childhood daydreams?

'When I grow up I'll be'

What did you want to be?

Did you dream of being a doctor, nurse or a teacher?

Maybe you set the lofty goals of becoming a lawyer or even president.

Perhaps you felt the call to preach or become a missionary.

Though difficult to fully perceive, Jesus was once a boy. Yet, at an early age He knew His life goal. Jesus shared that goal with Mary and Joseph.

"So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, 'Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.' And He said to them, 'Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business (Luke 2: 45-49 NKJV)."

He would do the work of God, His Father. Jesus would be the Savior.

The boy Jesus went through a growth spurt.

"And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him (Luke 2:40 NKJV)."

What do 'you' want to be when you grow up?

Jesus is my example. I desire to be strong in spirit and filled with His wisdom.

"God, cover us with Your grace. Bring us to full maturity in Christ Jesus. In His name I pray, Amen."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print