Slow Down
by PamFord Davis

'Slow down!'

Do you have difficulty slowing down in school zones? When driving through the heart of town?

I observe the speed limits and do my very best to obey. Yet, as I reduce my speed it is extremely hard to slow down. When I do, it seems like I am barely moving.

Slower speeds prevent accidents and save lives.

Do you have a quick temper?

Sorry, now I'm meddling. In all honesty, I have my own faults and have flared up on many occasions. We all need to slow down in anger zones and when in the heart of conflicts.

"He who is slow to wrath has great understanding,
But he who is impulsive exalts folly (Proverbs 14:29 NKJV)."

I must discipline myself; the Holy Spirit alerts me with frequent warnings.

He urges me to slow down, to control my temper and show restraint.

Will I foolishly ignore the Spirit's promptings? The wise will make a concerted effort to put the brakes on, slowing down when angry.

"Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry,
For anger rests in the bosom of fools (Ecclesiastes 7:9 NKJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print