Oh, How Great
by PamFord Davis

The outcry was great; the sin very grave

"And the Lord said, 'Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know (Genesis 18:20-21 NKJV)."

I try to imagine the grieving heart of the Father. He knows all, was fully aware of the people's depravity; yet, said that He would investigate.

God is holy. The abominations were great; His judgment was swift.

Abraham witnessed the destruction

"And Abraham went early in the morning to the place where he had stood before the Lord. Then he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain; and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land which went up like the smoke of a furnace (Genesis 19:27-28 NKJV)."

God is still on His throne. He hears the outcry of the remnant in a rebellious nation. Humanity's sin is indeed grave and it leads to death.

"For the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23a NKJV)."

The Father is merciful.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23 NKJV)."

Oh, how great is the gift of God's grace!

"Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 20-21 NKJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print