Dagwood Sandwich
by PamFord Davis

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV)."

Do you remember Blondie & Dagwood Bumstead?

If you are old enough to recall their movies, TV programs and cartoon strips you are sure to remember Dagwood sandwiches. Maybe they were the inspiration for some of the fast food restaurants offerings of today. They were for the man with a hearty appetite.

Now, ponder the first section of Apostle Paul's message from above. He sandwiched in important instructions between rejoice always and in everything give thanks.

"Pray without ceasing."

When I keep the communication lines to the LORD open, praying should be as natural as speaking to my husband.

And speaking of my husband, Norm

Each night, before bed we have a devotion time. I read a Bible passage and short daily devotion message. He leads in prayer just before we go to sleep.

Last night we followed our regular family altar routine. About 20 minutes later, he spoke up and asked, 'Did we do the prayer?' I answered to the affirmative; a short time later, I had almost drifted off to sleep when I was startled by him praying. He was half asleep. Bless his heart, he was praying without ceasing!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print