Disciplined and Diligent
by PamFord Davis

Are you a runner?

I have never participated in any races but greatly respect those who do. Runners are disciplined and diligent in their pursuit. They have a strong desire to win.

Recently, I thought of how difficult it must be to run a long distance. I succumbed to defeat without ever stepping up to the starting line.

Apostle Paul compared a foot race to the faith journey

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified (1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NKJV)."

As stated earlier, I had no self-confidence in my ability as a runner. It was then that I received a 'God surprise.' Seeing the word race, I visualized the addition of the letter g at the beginning. Through God's grace, I am given His strength; with Him, all things are possible!

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NKJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print