Why Worry?
by Sonja Mattison

Stop Worrying!


Worrying

Worrying is inconvenient. It amplifies anxiety and only causes stress. To worry about anything, or everything is unhealthy for our physical and mental health. It drains our happiness, energy and joy that can be instilled in us at all times. Worrying worsens matters (whatever we are worrying about); therefore we should omit it from our daily lives.

It Is Unnecessary

In Matthew 6:25-27(New International Version) "25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Jesus tells us that he will provide for us in confidence. We have no reason to worry about the life we have been granted.

Sometimes we may forget that every breath we take is a gift despite how much of a fight it may seem to move forward with that one breath. In reality, we have the power to alleviate distress, especially with the same breath that troubles us. All we need to do is inhale and exhale and believe.


Trusting God

Fretting can be an insult to the Lord, and almost a form of distrust. He told us through his word that he will not forsake us, so why should we worry? God created us to enjoy life at the expense of spontaneity, which often can cause us to worry because we do not know what our future will unfold. However, if we live in the present and appreciate what it holds, then stillness will prevail.

Adhering to positive thinking and being grateful creates a healthy and powerful soul. Because our lives are ordered by God, yet unpredictable, we must learn to accept the life we have been given so that we do not let the time pass by us by worrying. Even when conflicting situations arise in our lives, we should not to be afraid because the Almighty is with us, and has been forever and will be until eternity.

Let It Go

Worrying is not an option. It is a useless false representation of real life. Life is too valuable to worry. It vexes and troubles the soul. We should not worry; however we should pray with sincerity and belief constantly. God is with us. Always.

Sonja Mattison currently resides in Clarkston, Georgia. She is an inspirational writer and the author of Thoughts of Mattii40. She earned her Bachelor of Arts at Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Virginia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print