Daffodils for Tammy
by PamFord Davis

God speaks tenderly. I am learning to listen.

He speaks through scriptures, by His Holy Spirit and in our circumstances.

In times of suffering and sorrow, I find solace in cherished memories and hope for the future.

My niece Tammy was relentless in her battle with pancreatic cancer. Recently, sleep eluded me. I thought of Tammy telling me how much she enjoyed sightings of daffodils each spring. Wanting to write a devotion to honor her, I thought I'd include the flowers in the message. In researching, I learned that many cancer support groups use the daffodil in fund raising.

The daffodils will bloom next spring.

Yet, the time will be brief.

"All flesh is grass,
And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
Because the breath of the Lord blows upon it;
Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever (Isaiah 40:6b-8 NKJV)."

Daffodils for Tammy

Hope for eternal life, it rests in my Redeemer.

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14:1-3 NKJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print