Trigger Happy
by PamFord Davis

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 'Honor your father and mother,' which is the first commandment with promise: 'that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.' And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:1-4 NKJV)."

Oh, how we miss the dearly departed.

Stimuli trigger my memories.

Here are a few of my best triggers: old songs, re-runs of television programs, classic movies, foods, snapshots and the ever popular birthdays and holidays.

Tomorrow will be my Dad's birthday. It would have been his 104th.

I'm trigger happy.

I remember him telling me that he liked 'Winchester Cathedral' when hearing it play on our car radio. Elvis bridged the generation gap with hit song, 'Good Luck Charm.' I always think of Dad and Mom when I hear 'Sentimental Journey.' It was their song

He comes to mind when I watch Bonanza episodes or John Wayne westerns. Classic World War II movies bring back memories of his countless war stories.

I'd guess that anyone in my Ford family can tell you stories about Dad and his love for pancakes and donuts. I cherish mental snapshots.

The snapshots in my family photo albums serve as reminders of how handsome he was.

It's time to pull the trigger.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print