Joy and Patience
by PamFord Davis

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing (James 1:2-4 NKJV)."

It has been one of those days. You can fill in the blanks. We all experience times of stress and difficulty.

Will I categorize today as joyous?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not wearing a smiley face.

My faith is being tested.

Personally, patience is in short supply. I had wanted solutions and still do. Yet, I see that I must allow patience to complete its part in molding and maturing me.

On a day when I admittedly did not have it all together, complete is a comforting word.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren (Romans 8:28-29 NKJV)."

Complete and conformed to His image

That requires patience.

I will forever be grateful for His compassion and patience with me.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print