Calling My Father
by PamFord Davis

I think back to times when I called my father and to those occasions when he placed the calls.

At the age of 18, after getting married, I moved out of state. I frequently called home to speak to my parents. Mom normally answered the phone but often put Dad on the phone to speak to me before we ended our calls. The calls I made on Father's Day, Mother's Day, Christmas and Easter were emotional.

The calls I remember from Dad were from long before

When I was a girl, Dad worked second shift as a security guard at General Electric. Like clockwork, he called home late every afternoon or in the evening. There were 5 Ford girls and the long awaited son, youngest in our family. Apparently my sisters and I sounded much alike on the phone. When I answered, he often called me by the wrong name.

The Father knows my voice; He calls me by name.

I am confident that He will always hear me when I call out to Him in prayer.

"Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah (Psalms 61:1-4 NKJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print