Milestones
by PamFord Davis

This weekend, my husband and I plan to attend his high school's 50th class reunion. In addition, we are already discussing options for our 50th wedding anniversary celebration. The golden anniversary is in December of next year and I want it to be extra special.

How is this possible? 50 may very well be nifty but I'm baffled as to how we can be old enough for these festivities.

My husband Norm is from the Oak Grove, Louisiana class of 1966. That does date him. We exchanged wedding vows at Central Baptist Church, Syracuse, New York in 1967. Hmm, I guess 50th is accurate.

I cannot imagine how we reached these milestones so soon.

Yesterday, we discussed how I once considered the age of 30 as old. Interesting, how one's perspective changes. Decades ago, my oldest sister Donna made an observation. In her 40's, she said she was middle aged. Our Mom disagreed until Donna explained that many die around age 80.

Will I live to be 100?

Maybe, maybe not.

"You don't even know what tomorrow will bringwhat your life will be! For you are like smoke that appears for a little while, then vanishes (James 4:14 HCSB)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print