Well Established
by PamFord Davis

New business owners proudly display signs.

'Established in 1955.'

Recently, I noticed a nearly vacant used car lot located at a busy intersection. I spotted a sign that signified coming demolition. Are there plans to four-lane the road? Noting another sign, dating its being established in the 1950's, my husband and I reflected on its closing.

Our nation was established upon Judeo-Christian principles. We must prayerfully consider our choices for the next president of the United States of America. Is he or she qualified to lead us in a return to righteousness? Are we on the brink of demise?

"These also are proverbs of Solomon which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied:

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

As the heavens for height and the earth for depth,
So the heart of kings is unsearchable.

Take away the dross from silver,
And it will go to the silversmith for jewelry.
Take away the wicked from before the king,
And his throne will be established in righteousness (Proverbs 25:1-5 NKJV)."

I pause to ponder the last line of the scripture passage. Though our presidents do not have thrones of nobility, they do make crucial decisions from the oval office. I pray that each will be established in righteousness and truth.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print