No Holds Barred
by PamFord Davis

Siblings often squabble; at times it leads to pushing and shoving. If left unchecked the incidents can escalate into wrestling matches, with no holds barred.

Frustration has mom on the ropes but she holds her ground; serving as referee, she sends them to opposite corners to cool off. In many instances, a mother of several children might secretly wish she could call in relief as one involved in tag-team wrestling.

As children of God, we wrestle with evil forces; experiencing weakness, we might be tempted to throw in the towel.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places (Ephesians 6:12 NKJV)."

In times of discouragement, we can depend on God to step into the ring.

God's Spirit abides within and yet at the same time is always walking by our side. He never leaves us in the clutches. The boldness of believers of the early church was not due to any natural strength.

They depended upon the power of the Holy Spirit to sustain them. The next time you feel down for the count, call out for re-enforcement. The Holy Spirit will win the match!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print