People Pleasers
by PamFord Davis

Poor, pitiful people pleasers

Guessing that each of us is prone to be a PP.

It's hard to avoid the psychological disorder but it is not impossible to overcome. The condition usually surfaces at a very early age. As children, we desired approval of parents and teachers. Affection was linked to affirmation.

When interacting with children and youth we must be careful not to set standards beyond their reach. We have power to build or break fragile spirits.

In teenage years, many young people no longer care as much about pleasing adults. Under prevailing peer pressure, they shift their focus on pleasing the in-crowd. With a strong desire to fit in, they can easily go to extremes.

They unknowingly become carbon copies of those they emulate.

As followers of Christ, we are compelled to please him; as in obedience he pleases the Father. Paul serves as an example to follow.

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ (Galatians 1:10 KJV)."

We can find lasting satisfaction as Christ's servants.

I yearn to yoke with the Savior, to fall in step with him for service.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print