NO WORKS MEANS NOT SAVED?
by Eugene Lopatynsky

Does a continued ABSENCE OF WORKS mean being unsaved? Does it mean ABSENCE OF REAL FAITH? By their fruits (works) you shall know them (1 John 3:6-10)? Can works SAVE anybody? If works cannot save, what are they for?

Smoke is the usual evidence of fire. Works are the evidence of your faith. By their fruit their works you shall know them, 1 John 3:6-10. You shall know a Christian by his works. For a Christian good works are a joy.

Christians are HUMBLE and GOOD PEOPLE. They say, anyone who is not a good person cannot be a Christian, no matter what he calls himself.

Only FAITH alone faith in Christ Jesus of the Bible saves. But the Faith that saves is never alone. It always has WORKS.

Now, how is that?

By comparison, a man is not a sinner because he sins; rather the opposite, he sins because he is a sinner. It's his nature. True Christians are not Christians because they have works; they have works because they are true Christians.

"You shall know them by their fruit", - you shall know Christians by their works, though works could never be sufficient for salvation.

Here is what no pagan can easily understand. To every Christian GOOD WORKS (obedience to God) is as JOY! Take a look.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23)
"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him". (John 14:21)
"Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. (John 15:8-11)

"IF YE LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. (JOHN 14:15)

Of course, this is only for Christians. To those, who do not really know our Lord, may I add a few lines?

Our Lord Jesus will settle for nothing less than to be a ruler of our lives. Why? Because He IS the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings. That's WHO He is. If you really want Him you must invite Him for who He is.

Men are not lost because they are sinners; they are lost because they have rejected the Lord Jesus who died for them. The ultimate treasure is not creation, it is the Creator. Any CONCEIVABLE sacrifice in this world is worthwhile just to find Christ Jesus and to belong to Him!

If you want Him, pray now with me, "DEAREST LORD JESUS, FORGIVE ME MY SINS; PLEASE BE THE LORD OF MY LIFE; INCREASE MY LOVE FOR YOU, AND MY OBEDIENCE; HELP ME TO READ YOUR BIBLE EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE".

If you do this, and mean it, with an open heart, this prayer will never fail. It will become the greatest thing you will ever have, and it will last forever. After this, check out the guide in "How to read the Bible and clean up your life" www.remnantonly.info (under "articles"). It's made for you.

To get a list of my articles write my full name (Eugene Lopatynsky) into GOOGLE, then click on faithwriters.

Or use EDGE for your search engine.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print